TMT (Thermo – Mechanically Treated) bars are one of the most important construction materials that are widely used for building earthquake-resistant structures. The ribbed TMT bars from top TMT bar manufacturers provide better reinforcement to any concrete structure, thus, minimizing damages during any seismic activities. The true strength of TMT bar lies in the optimum balance between Toughness and Flexibility (Elongation). Choosing the best TMT bars are one of the most important facts when it comes to choosing the right building materials.
Some of the properties and applications of TMT are:
- TMT bars are fully corrosion resistant, rust resistant and these bars are mandatory to be used in coastal and humid tract. It intensifies the durability for the longer period
- TMT bars are been used in all constructional projects which made from the latest technological process and comes with high strength
- TMT bars have high weld-ability for which these being used for weld joints by keeping the construction structure unchanged
- Due to high ductility bars are being produced in the number of grades which are Fe: 415, Fe: 500 and Fe: 550. These bars are being used in the construction of buildings, bridges, various types of plants, Concrete Structural base etc
- The thermal resistance properties of TMT bars make them withstand any kind of fire hazard. These bars can withstand heat and are, therefore, popular in the construction industry
- TMT bars have excellent bendability. And due to their flexible bending ability, these bars are easy to use in various construction projects. These bars can be molded into various shapes and can be stretched to suit constructional measurements.
Thus, TMT steel play an important role in the construction industry and it is very essential to choose the right steel that goes in to the foundation. TMT bars ensures high strength to the structures and improve their longevity, so one should be very careful while opting for the best for their structures and homes.