HISTORY OF KITCHEN SINK
Kitchen sinks form an important part of any household. The history of kitchen sinks goes back by almost 150 years.
- Kitchen sinks started as bowls rested on tabletops. Over time, the tabletops were cut and the kitchen sinks were sunk into the cavity to create dry sinks.
- What started as basic units made out of wood, stone or iron has now evolved through improved manufacturing and value engineering.
There are a number of aspects to consider when we purchase a modern stainless steel kitchen sink. They are as follows:
- Grade: The most popular choice is stainless steel grade 304.
- Thickness: 0.8 mm and 1 mm thickness stainless steel is most widely used though some designs also have 1.2 mm thickness available
- Scratch resistance: Stainless steel is prone to scratches. It needs to be hardened to ensure that any scratches from knife/nail etc are not visible.
- Sound resistance: As the sink is an enclosed area, dripping water can create a humming sound in the sink. Check for sound reducing pads in the sink.
- Sizes: Most common sizes available are 18 inches x 24 inches; 32 inches x 20 inches and 20 inches x 40 inches. The standard depth of the sinks is 8 inches though up to 10 inches depth options are also available.
Different Top Brands in the market:
Carysil: (Buy Carysil Kitchen Sink)
A crystal Limited was incorporated in 1987 and is primarily engaged in the manufacture of Granite based kitchen sinks or ‘Composite Quartz Sinks”. The company started operations with a technical collaboration with “Schock & Co. The company has also diversified into the manufacture of stainless steel sinks and boasts a complete range of kitchen appliances such as chimneys, cook-tops, wine cellars, etc. Know More about Carysil
Futura: (Buy Futura Kitchen Sink)
Since 1997, Futura Kitchen sinks Ind Pvt Ltd. has focused on carving the perfect sink to add splendor and grace to your kitchen interior. The company has today evolved as one of the leading and reputed manufacturer of kitchen sinks and accessories establishing in the process a distinct brand identity “Futura”. More About Futura
Franke: (Franke Kitchen Sink)
For over 100 years, Franke has thrived on innovative engineering and outstanding design. Not only do they offer excellent products, but also tailor-made solutions for the complex needs of customers. Know More about Franke
Nirali: Nirali Stainless Steel Kitchen Sinks has achieved the dual status of being India’s No. 1 and also the largest selling brand in the country. Known for innovation, style and durability, its products have found overwhelming recognition in Europe, USA, Nepal, Vietnam, Kenya and Sri Lanka as well. Know More About Nirali